I've submitted the app over to Google today! Now it's available to download on the Google Play Store! For those that don't know, "Motivate Me Aika" is an app where you tap on Aika Mizuwari and she gives you life advice! This update enhances quality, presentation, and improvements. But what about if I have an iphone? Well no worries, It'll be coming to all iOS platforms soon! Let me know what you like and don't like about Motivate Me Aika to help make the app even better!
So here is the update. The app is literally almost done, I just ran into a small issue i have to fix then it will be uploaded. Special thanks to CyberB for providing the original voice work for 1.0. For now, here's whats new in Motivate Me Aika 1.1.
- If you see the picture to your left you'll notice the presentation has been vastly improved.
- The clock plays a bigger emphasis in the screen space rather then have it shown sloppy in the corner.
- Text is more easier to read.
- New voice over provided by Raspdere!
- Aika now talks in English instead of Japanese. Because of this there are no longer any subs.
- 80 new lines Aika can say equaling out to a total of 100!
- Aika has about 4 new poses to better express some lines.
- You start with 15 lines more will be unlocked the more you use the app through the heart system. Collect 4 hearts and Aika says something new!
- Collect a heart once a day or by watching sponsored videos.
- You can view how many lines you've unlocked on the top right above the date.
- You can also view how many hearts you've collected on the top left above the time.
- There is text that scrolls on the bottom of the screen that shows how to use the app and promotes Studio Tsubaki's channels.
- The info button now brings up a menu. This menu has links to connect to the games site, Studio Tsubaki's site and social channels, and more of Studio Tsubaki's Games as well games from other developers.
- When you exit the application Aika says goodbye.
- Background engine and stability improvements.
That's it for 1.1! I will let everyone know when it's ready to download!
-Main Menu-The background now animates an moves around. I wanted to have some form of movement to keep it from being just a stale image. I think it adds to the whole “Title Screen” feel over all. If you notice, you’ll hear a voice. There is now voice over in the game. This was provided by, voice actress, Raspdere! She did an awesome job! You’ll hear her as you collect items during game play as well. Click the image above to check out her you tube page! Other links to her social groups are below. Feel free to check her out!
-Game Play-All items spawning rates and speeds have been adjusted. You’ll notice items pop up on the screen faster. I slightly changed rate of certain items spawning more then others. Sometimes you may get lucky an have 3 items spawn in a short amount of time while other sessions you wont see any. These rate and speed felt good play testing it. Only 1 bug spawns at the start of the game instead of 2. I decided to make this change to further balance the initial difficulty of the game. Music and sound effects have been adjusted. I noticed as other played my game that the volume of the music was to loud. This wasn’t just because of their volume settings. By default, I had the music’s volume as loud as it can get. Since then I balanced out the music, voice, and sound effects so they are more on the norm. The circle in the center of the screen is now almost invisible an shouldn’t be in the way. Time and time again some players just love to touch the center of the screen at the start of the game and “insta” loose. The center is where the bugs spawn. If your finger touches the bug its game over. So naturally you would loose. But some people thought it was a glitch. I realize that the reason behind this phenomenon is the circle at the center of the screen looks familiar to the buttons on the menu. People instinctively thought that was a button rather than a border that warns you that its the area where they spawn. Two new items are now in the game! “+5” Gives you an additional 5 seconds at the end of the round. “Shield” Gives you a chance against the bugs by protecting you once! Your mobile devices should now rumble when you touch a bug! I learned more that having rumble feedback can be very important in a game. This little feature is really nice and adds a lot to the game. Slow item now has a stronger effect on the bugs! Originally slow was effective but the bugs where still moving at quick speeds. I thought about freezing them in place but ultimately I didn’t think it would be fun for people to not feel enough panic when they get the item. So to balance it all out they move slower but can still inch away toward you.
-Other-Some players were seeing the wrong score on the leader board….and it was all my fault…sorry!. This issue has been fixed! An exploit discovered on certain mobile devices has been fixed…hopefully. I can’t really talk about it but it was found by a friend of mine. A slight oversight on my part but its fixed now! Special thanks to Raspdere for her work in this project! Check her out below!